Friday, August 31, 2012

Carousel Motion

Last night I went to Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA to shoot some photos.  The sun was beginning to set, so it was difficult to get really good settings to compensate for the lighting - well, it would have been possible had I brought my tripod.  I really shouldn't leave home without it!  As the sun was setting my friend Susan and I walked along the beach and ended up at the Carousel, alive with lights and music and kids laughing as they went around and around.  I shot this image of the Carousel handheld.  I kind of like the motion of the lights, and the barely visible horses and children as they enjoyed the ride.  A better and sharper photograph would have happened had I bothered to lug the tripod with me!  When I return to Nantasket, with my tripod, I will shoot some more images of the Carousel.  It's a cool effect.  We finished the night with a delicious ice cream from the Carousel Ice Cream Shop and sat for a while enjoying the ocean breeze.

2 comments: